If you’re feeling a bit under the weather, then this is the soup for you. This is one of our favourite recipes and you can enjoy it whilst on Ketosis.
Not sure what Ketosis is? Take a look at our What Is Ketosis? page here.
Courgettes are naturally low in calories but the high water content ensures you feel fuller for longer – perfect if you’re following a supervised low-calorie diet. Courgettes contain an effective amount of both immune boosting vitamin C and potassium, beneficial in the control of high blood pressure. The fibre in the courgettes skin can aid in the prevention of constipation, a possible side effect of ketosis.
Garlic contains a powerful antioxidant whilst displaying a beneficial effect on blood pressure in people with hypertension. As a result, it has the added benefit of making a healthier heart.
As it’s so low in calories you may fancy a sprinkle of cheese on the top. Strong flavours like mature cheddar or parmesan work great, 10g will add approximately 40kcal to the meal and extra protein.
Heathy Courgette & Dill Soup Recipe
- Frylight or similar 1 calorie spray oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 fat garlic clove, minced
- 1 lb (455g) courgettes, chopped
- 1-11/2 pints (570-850mls) vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp. chopped dill
- Salt & black pepper to season
- In a deep pan, fry the onion and garlic in 1 calorie spray until soft.
- Add the courgettes and a splash of water and cook on a low heat for 10-15 minutes with a lid on. Stir every 5 minutes, adding a little extra water if needed to stop the vegetable sticking.
- Add the stock to the pan, put the lid back on and simmer for a further 15 minutes.
- Blend the contents of a pan in a blender or with a stick blender until smooth.
- Return to the pan and bring to the boil, loosening with a little stock or water if it’s thicker than you would like.
- Stir through the chopped dill and season to taste.
If you’re short on time, or if you prefer to keep it simple and pots & pans free, try our meal replacement soups for a healthy low-calorie nourishing meal!