If, like us, you’re a pasta-lover but sadly don’t have the metabolism to go with inhaling copious amounts of it, panic not! This delicious twist on spaghetti and meatballs is low in carbs, high in protein and is a much lighter option for dinner this Summer. Get the full recipe for our healthy lamb meatballs recipe below and cook a nutrient-packed dinner for all the family.
For more delicious recipes that will keep you on track to reaching your weight loss goals, download our Spring Ebook!
Healthy Lamb Meatballs & Courgetti Recipe
Ingredients for the meatballs:
- 250g lean lamb mince
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- Small handful of chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil (optional – adds 240 calories)
- 2 courgettes (or store-bought courgetti – available at most supermarkets)
- Salt & pepper to taste
Method for the meatballs:
- Spiralise your courgettes (if you do not have a spiraliser, see below!) or you can buy pre-prepared ‘courgetti’ in supermarkets, but this is usually an expensive option!
- Combine the minced lamb, 1 crushed clove of garlic and salt and pepper.
- Using your hands, make into small balls.
- In a frying pan, spray frylight and cook the meatballs on a medium heat until they are browned and cooked through.
- Stir-fry the courgetti for a few minutes in a little Frylight.
- Place the meatballs on top of the courgetti, drizzle with olive oil (optional) and sprinkle with parsley to serve.
Ingredients for the tzatziki:
- 350g 0% greek yoghurt
- Handful of finely chopped mint leaves
- Half a cucumber
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (optional – adds 120 calories)
Method for the tzatziki:
- Peel and de-seed the cucumber & grate finely
- Combine greek yoghurt, cucumber, lemon juice & garlic
- Add olive oil (optional) and mint leaves and mix.
Serve on the side or on top of the meatballs.