This low carbohydrate meal is great for any time of day, even breakfast, though eating spinach first thing may be a challenge! However at lunch time or suppertime this simple tasty meal will be on the table in less than 15 minutes. This can be enjoyed on any of our diet solution plans, including the VLCD and LCD diets.
1 heaped tsp low fat mayonnaise
1 tsp grated zest of lime or lemon
30g sliced smoked salmon
1 medium egg
100g baby spinach leaves, washed
Black pepper, optional
No of servings: 1
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
This recipe is suitable for the following diets: Simple Solution (LCD), Total Solution (VLCD), Working Solution (LCD).
1. In a very small bowl mix the mayonnaise with the finely grated zest.
2. Line a poaching pod with the smoked salmon and break in the egg.
3. Poach carefully until the egg is cooked to your taste.
4. Meanwhile place the wet spinach leaves in a saucepan and cook until just wilted. Drain, season with a little black pepper and nutmeg.
5. Place the spinach on a serving plate and top with the salmon coated egg. Finally add the mayonnaise and serve at once.
Tip: look out for flexible silicon poaching pods in kitchen ware stores. You will not need to add any oil to prevent sticking when you poach eggs this way.
Storage: Not suitable for storage. Enjoy straight away!
|Of whichsugars g||2.00|
|Of whichsaturates g||3.00|