2 small pears peeled, but stalk left on.
200 ml unsweetened apple juice
1 vanilla pod
Strip of lemon rind
For the sauce:
No of servings: 2
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
This recipe is suitable for the following diets: Simple Solution (LCD).
1. Place the pears in a saucepan with the apple juice, vanilla pod
and the lemon rind. Bring to simmering point then cover and poach until
the pears are tender, turning them occasionally. This may take 30 or so
minutes depending on the type of pear.
2. Remove the pears from the liquid and stand each pear in a small serving bowl.
3. Boil the remaining pear liquid to around half its original volume and remove the vanilla and lemon rind. Stir in the blueberries and simmer for 5 minutes until soft.
4. Cool slightly then blend in a food processor or press through a sieve.
5. Pour a little of this sauce over each pear and serve.
Serving suggestions: Try the sauce with other seasonal berries such as raspberries or blackberries.
Storage: To store keep the sauce and pears separately in an airtight container in the fridge. The sauce may be frozen for up to 2 months but the pears are not suitable for freezing.
|Of which sugars g||25.50|
|Of which saturates g||0.00|
|Portions of vegetables||2|