Indulge with a succulent steak, partnered with courgette 'chips' and grilled mushrooms for a pub grub type of meal. Better yet, this meal can be enjoyed on any of our diet solutions, including the VLCD and LCD diet. You wouldn't think this was one of our ketosis recipes!
For the salsa:
1 small ripe tomato
1 tsp chopped coriander
1 tsp lemon juice
1 clove garlic, crushed
For the grilled vegetables:
1 tbsp olive oil
3-4 medium mushrooms, wiped and quartered
1 medium courgette, washed, trimmed and cut into segments
150g lean steak
1 teaspoon olive oil
No of servings: 1
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
This recipe is suitable for the following diets: Simple Solution (LCD), Total Solution (VLCD), Working Solution (LCD).
1. Make the salsa by roughly chopping the tomato and combining with the other ingredients. Chill until required.
2. Preheat the grill.
3. Pour the olive oil into a small clean plastic bag and add the mushrooms and courgette. Shake around to coat the vegetables with the oil then tip onto a baking sheet, and place under the grill.
4. Trim any visible fat from the steak and brush lightly with the oil, and grind over some pepper.
5. When the vegetables are starting to brown, turn them over and continue to cook until they are lightly browned all over. Remove and keep warm whilst you cook the steak.
6. Grill the steak, turning once until it is a cooked as you like.
7. Serve at once with the vegetables and salsa.
Serving suggestions: Add some baby salad leaves or steamed beans or broccoli.
Storage: The salsa can be made in large quantities and refrigerated. The remainder of the meal is best served at once.
|Of which sugars g||3.80|
|Of which saturates g||5.30|