100ml elderflower cordial,
11g sachet of powdered gelatine or vegetarian equivalent
No of servings: 4
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes - 3 hours chilling
This recipe is suitable for the following diets: Simple Solution (LCD) .
1. Pour the cordial into a measuring jug and top up to 650mls with water.
2. Pour around 60ml of the diluted drink into a small pan and sprinkle over the gelatine. Allow to stand for a few minutes, then heat very gently to dissolve the gelatine has dissolved. (do not boil)
3. Wipe and hull the strawberries, and cut into half, or quarters if particularly large. Divide them between 4 glasses.
4. When the gelatine is dissolved, stir in the remaining diluted cordial, then over the fruit.
5. Chill in the fridge for at least three hours or until it is softly set.
Serving suggestions; Other summer fruit work equally well with this, or you can try an exotic twist by stirring a little grated fresh ginger into the diluted cordial and using small cubes of mango instead of strawberries.
Storage: Can be stored in the fridge for 48 hours. Not suitable for freezing.
|Of whichsugars g||40.50|
|Of whichsaturates g||0.00|