120g mixed basmati, red and wild rice (or 120g rice)
100g petit pois, frozen
3 spring onions, sliced
Half a large yellow pepper, diced finely
180g can tuna in water, drained
Zest and juice of half a lemon
No of servings: 3
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20-25 minutes
This recipe is suitable for the following diets: Simple Solution (LCD).
1. Cook the rice according to the packet instructions.
2. Cook the petit pois as suggested on the pack, drain and cool,
3. When the rice is cooked, drain off any excess liquid and cool.
4. Combine the rice, petit pois, onions, pepper and tuna in a bowl.
5. Grate the zest of the lemon finely, and add to the salad, and stir in the lemon juice.
6. Serve chilled.
Serving suggestions: add an avocado to the salad just before serving. This will alter the nutritional information to 295kcal, 17g protein, 32.6g carbohydrate, 10.7g fat and 5.8g fibre.
Storage: The salad can be kept for up to 48 hours in the fridge. It is not suitable for freezing.
|Of which sugars g||2.80|
|Of which saturates g||0.30|
|Portions of vegetables||1|