If you’re looking to lose weight but don’t fancy restricting your diet 7 days a week or simply want a more gradual weight loss plan, the exante 5:2 fasting diet could be the solution for you. With a combination of fasting and healthy eating, the 5:2 diet is a popular choice when it comes to losing weight. Channel 4’s January dieting series ‘How To Lose Weight Well’ successfully trialled 5:2 intermittent fasting, and even Philip Schofield has praised 5:2 as a diet option!
Firstly, what is fasting?
Fasting, or abstaining from some or all foods and drink for a significant period of time, has been practiced for hundreds of years. Initially, a religious observance, the health benefits of fasting have since transformed it into a popular weight loss tool.
What are the benefits?
- Weight loss – Studies have shown that intermittent allows the body to use fat as it’s primary source of energy instead of sugar, promoting weight loss.
- Steady blood sugar levels – Fasting has a positive effect on the bodies sensitivity to insulin and how the sugar from carbohydrates are tolerated in the bloodstream.
- Improved digestion– Boosted metabolic function by regulating bowel movements and overall digestion.
- Protected immune system- Intermittent fasting reduces free radical damage, regulates inflammatory conditions in the body and starves off cancer cell formation.
- Brain function– promotes production of the protein in the brain essential for positive neural health
How to lose weight well: what is the 5:2 diet?
The 5:2 diet is an intermittent fasting plan. Traditionally, the plan involves 2 non-consecutive ‘fasting’ days where you restrict your daily calorie intake to around 600 calories, followed by 5 days of normal, healthy eating.
Is the 5:2 fasting diet for me?
If you are looking for a simple and effective way to lose or maintain your weight and find sticking to a restricted calorie diet every day challenging, 5:2 is for you.
- Learn how to cook healthy food and incorporate exercise into your routine.
- No ‘banned’ foods – making you less likely to fall off track
- A flexible way to sustain healthy weight loss.
- Fasting on weekdays reduces the need for meal prep during the week.
- Sustainable way to maintain a healthy lifestyle long-term
- Perfect for those looking to lose or maintain their weight
- Fasting is a simple concept proven to promote weight loss
- 1-2 pound a week weight loss*
Philip Schofield, when talking about 5:2 dieting on This Morning, said the following:
I did the 5:2 – amazing, amazing results. I’m absolutely thrilled and I shrunk my stomach down and so I now have a much smaller appetite, I’m very happy with that.
How can I do the 5:2 diet with Exante?
- On your fasting days, enjoy 3 Exante meal replacement products, reducing your calories to 600 kcal a day.
- On your ‘off’ days try healthy recipes from our Flexi Solution, following the recommended calorie intake advised for men and women per day.
- Each Exante meal replacement contains 1/3 of your NRV of vitamins and minerals, giving your body everything it needs.
- No calorie counting or temptation from other foods.
- If you are vegan, and still want to follow a 5:2 diet plan, our new vegan meal replacement shakes are the perfect choice for your fasting days.
How to lose weight well: the results
Channel 4’s ‘How to Lose Weight Well’ saw Fay follow the 5:2 diet for 4 months and the results are telling. Fay admits to struggling with the diet but despite this, loses 17 lbs over the 4 months. Although the 5:2 diet it is not a ‘quick-fix’ and will not provide dramatic losses, like our Total Solution plan will, it is a different approach to changing your eating habits, that still allows you to enjoy the foods you like. Fay described the diet as “really do-able and very sustainable” and went on to say “that if anyone has tried diets and failed in the past, then they should try the 5:2 diet.”
Start on 5:2 and need some recipe inspirations? Here are some low-carb 200 calorie recipes to use as inspiration!
It can be difficult to know what to prepare in the kitchen to support your weight loss goals. That’s why we’ve put together this Low-Carb 200 Calorie Recipe Guide to help you cook up deliciously healthy meals that will help keep you on track with your diet.
2019-04-15 09:49:32 • By Kat Myers
Shop our 5:2 diet packs today and start losing weight for good!