The supermarkets are all making Shaker Salads as part of their ready to go ranges and they make a great healthy lunch. This recipe uses giant cous cous but you can use regular cous cous if you prefer, following the cooking instructions on the packet.View Recipe
1 medium (about 150g) raw beetroot, peeled
Half a large red pepper (100g)
1 medium (100g) courgette
1 tsp olive oil
50g giant cous cous
1 tsp olive oil
1 dsp pesto
1 dsp lemon juice
No of servings: 2
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
This recipe is suitable for the following diets: Simple Solution (LCD).
1. Preheat an oven to 200ºC, (180ºC fan) gas mark 7.
2. Cut the beetroot, pepper and courgette into similar size pieces, roughly cubes of 1.5 -2cm .
3. Spoon the olive oil into a clean plastic food bag and add the vegetables, and shake around to coat in the oil. Tip onto a clean baking tray and roast in the oven until they are softened and starting to brown - around 40-45 minutes
4. Meanwhile place the second teaspoon of olive oil in a saucepan, heat and then add the cous cous. Cook for 1-2 minutes then add approximately 100ml of water and bring to the boil. Cook for a few minutes, stirring frequently until the cous cous is soft and cooked through. Allow to cool.
5. When the vegetables are cooked remove from the oven and allow to cool.
6. Make a dressing with the pesto and lemon juice.
7. When you are ready to serve combine the roasted vegetables and cous cous and stir in the rocket. Top with the dressing.
Serving suggestions: Vary the vegetables you roast, e.g. red onions, or shallots, cherry tomatoes and butternut squash. The more seasonable vegetables you include, the better the flavour!
Storage: If you keep the dressing separate you can store the salad for 48 hours in the fridge.
|Of whichsugars g||14.60|
|Of whichsaturates g||1.30|