Another quick low carbohydrate meal for you to enjoy smoked cod or haddock needn’t be restricted to breakfast or making supper-time kedgeree. Here it is combined with succulent stir-fried green vegetables. Look out for undyed cod or haddock which is less salty.
Enjoy this as part of our Flexi-Solution diet plan if you’re looking for something nutritious and easy to make at the end of a long working day.
Healthy Smoked Cod Dinner With Stir Fried Vegetables
- 150g undyed smoked cod or haddock, preferably sustainably sourced.
- 1 small leek or 100g leek, cut into 1cm slices
- 1 head (about 100g) pak choi (bok choy), roughly sliced
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 1-2 tbsp water
- Preheat the oven to 190ºC (fan oven 170º) or gas mark 5.
- Pour 4 tbsp water into a small ovenproof dish and add the fish.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until the fish flakes easily.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a non-stick pan or wok, and add the leek and bok choi. Stir-fry over a high heat, adding the water to prevent sticking. When the vegetables are just wilted serve on a warmed serving plate and top with the fish.
- Serve at once.
Serving suggestions: add garlic and grated fresh ginger for more of a kick, or add tender stem broccoli or green beans. If you are not following a low carbohydrate diet, add 3 heaped tbsp of cooked rice.( This adds around 150kcal and 35g of carbohydrate).
Top tip: The cooked fish may be refrigerated for 24 hours, but the stir fried vegetables are not suitable for storage.
Find more keto-friendly recipes below.