Healthy Tarragon Chicken With Crushed Potatoes Recipe
A delicious and easy dish which is also low in calories, this Healthy Tarragon Chicken with Crushed New Potatoes recipe is a healthy and balanced dinner all the family will love.
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 4-6 (around 80g) shallots , peeled and if large, halved
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled but left whole
- 2 x 130g skinless chicken breast
- 50ml white wine
- 75ml water
- Few sprigs fresh tarragon
- For the crushed potatoes:
- 250g baby new potatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Black pepper
- Pinch of sea salt flakes
- To serve: 2 large carrots, sliced and 160g runner beans sliced
- Heat the olive oil in a non stick pan with a lid and add the shallots and garlic. Gently fry for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the chicken breasts and brown a little on one side, then turn over and cook for 2-3 minutes on the other side.
- Pour in the wine and water and tarragon and bring to simmering point. Turn down the heat, cover and gently poach for 15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Test by piercing with a knife ? if the juice runs clear the chicken is cooked.
- Meanwhile steam or boil the potatoes in unsalted water. When the potatoes are cooked, drain and place in a warmed serving bowl. Lightly crush with a masher or fork and drizzle over the olive oil. Grind over a little pepper and sprinkle with a pinch of sea salt flakes if desired.
- Steam the carrots and runner beans.
- When the chicken is cooked, remove the chicken, shallots and garlic from the cooking juices and keep warm in a serving dish. Boil the cooking juices 1-2 minutes, then pour over the chicken.
- Add a little chopped tarragon to the chicken and serve with the crushed potatoes and vegetables.
Serving suggestions: If you don’t want to add the wine just use the same quantity of water instead.
Per serving: 400 kcal, 14.1g fat, 3.7g saturates
Storage: Store the chicken for 24 hours in the fridge and reheat until piping hot in the microwave.