This simple recipe uses low fat ingredients for a filling and nutritious meal for two. The salsa recipe makes sufficient for 4 portions so keep in the fridge for liven up another meal.View Recipe
For the turkey:
2 x 130g turkey escalopes or breast slices
2 tsp olive oil
2 medium slices, granary bread, made into breadcrumbs
Zest of one lemon
For the pineapple mint salsa:
400g (half a medium) pineapple, skin and core removed
1 red chilli (optional), finely chopped
10g fresh mint leaves
1 tbsp lemon juice
To serve 2:
160g tenderstem broccoli
80g rice of your choice,
No of servings: 2
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
This recipe is suitable for the following diets: Simple Solution (LCD).
1. Preheat an oven to 190ºC, fan 170ºC, gas mark 5.
2. Brush the turkey with the olive oil and place in lightly greased ovenproof dish.
3. Mix together the breadcrumbs and lemon zest and season with black pepper, and press onto the top of the turkey breasts.
4. Bake for 20 minutes until when pierced with a sharp knife the turkey juices are clear, which shows it is cooked.
5. Meanwhile place all the salsa ingredients in a food processor and pulse lightly until the pineapple is chopped but not smooth. Chill until required.
6. Cook the rice according to the packet instructions, and steam the broccoli until just tender.
7. Serve the turkey escalopes with the rice, broccoli and add one quarter of the pineapple salsa.
Serving suggestions: use the salsa to accompany lean pork chops
Storage: the salsa can be refrigerated for 48 hours.
|Of which sugars g||11.30|
|Of which saturates g||1.20|
|Portions of vegetables||2|