This healthy smoothie recipe makes a quick and nutritious drink for breakfast or for a quick pre-workout, and is perfect to carry with you on the go. Choose a good quality, unsweetened apple juice – or, if you have a juicer, make your own fresh apple juice using a crisp, sharp apple such as a Granny Smith or new season Cox.
Healthy Apple, Kiwi & Banana Smoothie Recipe
- 2 kiwi fruits, peeled and quartered
- 1 medium banana, peeled and cut into chunks
- 100ml unsweetened apple juice, preferably freshly squeezed.
- A handful of ice
- Prepare the juice if using fresh apples.
- Place all the ingredients in a blender and process until smooth.
- Pour into a glass and enjoy straight away.
Serving suggestions: Substitute the kiwi with a handful of fresh green seedless grapes
Top tip: Best served straight away. If you are on the go, pour into a portable cup so you can sip as you go.