Aubergines are great for stuffing with either veggies, meat or whatever you fancy. What’s great about aubergines is that they are low in calories, carbohydrates and fat, but packed full of vitamins and minerals! Try our delicious meat stuffed alternative to the usual veggie recipes.
Meat Stuffed Aubergine
This typically veggie dish has turned meat-eater friendly because we’ve stuffed it with juicy beef and low-fat cottage cheese. But, don’t fear it’s still low calorie and super good for you too!
Aubergine is a very good source of dietary fiber, vitamin B1 and copper.
- 1 eggplant
- 60g beef
- 60g cherry tomatoes
- 40g low fat cottage cheese
- 1 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Slice eggplant in half
- Scoop out filling and retain
- Mix the filling with low fat cottage cheese, herbs and tomato and shop bought pulled beef
- Fill the eggplant and grill until golden and cooked through
28 Day Kick Start Challenge Ebook
Our Meat Stuffed Aubergine recipe is part of a whole range of delicious recipes created by our team of nutritionists as part of our 28 Day Kick Start Challenge eBook. If you sign up to our Exante 28 day Challenge and kick-start your weight loss journey today, you’ll receive your FREE eBook containing:
- Fresh and healthy recipes developed by our expert nutritionists with our handy step-by-step guide.
- Easy to follow fat-burning workout tutorials you can do at home.
- 28 days worth of meal plans, shopping lists, recipes and a handy tip for each day.
- A transformation guide to help you track your progress.