This simple recipe uses low fat ingredients for a filling and nutritious meal for two. The salsa recipe makes sufficient for 4 portions so keep in the fridge for liven up another meal.
Add this to your Flexi Solution for a meal that’s only 426 calories, and only takes 35 minutes to prepare & bake!
Healthy Turkey Escalopes with Salsa Recipe
For the turkey:
- 2 x 130g turkey escalopes or breast slices
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 medium slices, granary bread, made into breadcrumbs
- Zest of one lemon
- Black pepper
For the pineapple mint salsa:
- 400g (half a medium) pineapple, skin and core removed
- 1 red chilli (optional), finely chopped
- 10g fresh mint leaves
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
To serve 2:
- 160g tenderstem broccoli
- 80g rice of your choice
- Preheat an oven to 190ºC, fan 170ºC, gas mark 5.
- Brush the turkey with the olive oil and place in lightly greased ovenproof dish.
- Mix together the breadcrumbs and lemon zest and season with black pepper, and press onto the top of the turkey breasts.
- Bake for 20 minutes until when pierced with a sharp knife the turkey juices are clear, which shows it is cooked.
- Meanwhile place all the salsa ingredients in a food processor and pulse lightly until the pineapple is chopped but not smooth. Chill until required.
- Cook the rice according to the packet instructions, and steam the broccoli until just tender.
- Serve the turkey escalopes with the rice, broccoli and add one quarter of the pineapple salsa.
Serving suggestions: use the salsa to accompany lean pork chops
Storage: the salsa can be refrigerated for 48 hours.