Turkey steak is low in fat and high in protein. The richly textured avocado-based salad with crunchy cucumber and celery compliments this dish beautifully – and it’s brimming with vitamin E. Healthy and lean, this recipe can be enjoyed whilst staying in ketosis.
Recipe makes 1 serving.
- 140g turkey breast or escalope
- 1 tsp cajun spices
- Half an avocado
- 2tsp lime juice
- 50g cucumber, diced
- 1 large celery stick, washed and sliced
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- Capers and mint for serving (optional)
- Coat the turkey breast with the cajun spices and leave for 5 minutes whilst you prepare the salad.
- To prepare the salad: cut the avocado in half lengthwise and remove the stone. Sprinkle a little lime juice on the half to be kept, wrap in cling film and refrigerate for another meal. Remove the skin of the half you are using and cut into chunks. Place in a small bowl and sprinkle with lime juice.
- Cut the cucumber in half lengthways and dice. Mix with the avocado and the celery slices.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan before adding the turkey steak. Fry for 3 minutes on each side (or to preference.) Pierce to check that the turkey steak is cooked all the way through.
- Serve with the avocado salad, and garnish with mint and capers.
Find more keto-friendly recipes below.