This Friday marks the annual Earth Day celebration, a day dedicated to all-things planet-loving! In today’s blog, we’re chatting about the ways we can all help our planet in time for Earth Day 2022 and giving tips on how you can make your exante journey plant-based and planet-friendly one meal replacement at a time…
What is Earth Day?
For those who don’t know, Earth Day is a day dedicated to celebrating our planet, discussing climate change and sharing ideas for how we can make sustainable changes in our everyday lives. This year, the theme is #InvestInOurPlanet which questions how we’re investing in making positive changes for our planet to preserve and protect health, families and livelihoods.
How can I help?
Feeling inspired by Earth Day 2022, but not sure how you can implement positive change into your life? Don’t worry, EarthDay.org offers plenty of simple and effective ways to make small but positive changes in your life.
Let’s check some of them out:
- Use internet, not trees
- Go paperless at your bank
- Fight climate change with diet change
- Calculate your foodprint
- Push for plant-based options
- Practice a simple act of green everyday
One of the main ways we’re going to be making greener choices this Earth Day is by switching up our diet to include more plant-based alternatives. In the last few years, more people have become increasingly intrigued by plant-based alternatives and have tried switching up their everyday meals to try more vegan options. Now more than ever, switching to a diet that’s more heavily influenced by plant-based meals is becoming easier.
Why should I go plant-based?
There aren’t just plenty of benefits for our planet when it comes to switching to plant-based, it’s also wonderful for your health too! It’s no secret that vegans are seen as super health-conscious because of their diet, but are there actually any proven benefits to going plant-based? Check out what Dr Sara Ryding says:
- Metabolism benefits: Some studies have shown a link between veganism and an increased metabolism.
- Cardiovascular improvement: Thanks to the diet of grains, pulses and veggies, research has shown link between veganism and a decreased risk of heart disease.
- Cognitive benefits: Some studies on specific nutrients from the vegan diet have shown an improvement in cognitive health. (1)
If you want to find out more about all things veganism, you can read the full article here
How do I become vegan?
Taking the plunge into a plant-based lifestyle can take some time, that’s why we want to give you a helping hand with our delicious Plant-Based Trial Box. All our vegan goodies in one place, this trial box is the best way to ease yourself into veganism! In every box you’ll receive:
- 2 x Vegan Banana Shake
- 2 x Vegan Chocolate Shake
- 1 x Vegan White Chocolate and Raspberry Shake
- 1 x Vegan Coffee and Walnut Shake
- 2 x Vegan Dark Chocolate & Orange Layered Bar
- 1 x Vegan Dark Chocolate & Raspberry Layered Bar
- 1x Toffee Flavour Drops
- 1x Shaker Bottle
Feeling inspired? So are we! We were so motivated to try a vegan diet after listening to the advice of our plant-loving colleagues that we decided to all give up our usual diets and try a day of eating only plant-based foods. Want to see how we got on? Check out our exante Plant-Based Food Diary below…