Ready in 30 minutes
Serves 1 person
● 100g Beef fillet
● 100g potatoes
● 50g Mangetout
● ½ Tomato
● ½ Red onion
● 5g gravy granules made with 70ml of water
● Salt and pepper
1. Season beef fillet and leave to stand at room temperature for 10mins.
2. Slice potatoes into 1/2cm slices, cover with water bring to the boil and simmer gently. Careful not to overcook. When cooked drain and leave in the sieve.
3. Slice red onions thinly and mange tout cut into three pieces.
4. Gently heat a little oil in a frying pan. Fry steak fillet over a medium temperature for approximately 8 to 9 minutes turning to brown all sides for a medium cooked steak; for a well-done steak add an extra 4 minutes. Add thyme as steak is finishing. Allowed to rest on a warm plate with thyme on top, for five minutes before serving before slicing.
5. Place tomato half in frying pan and cook on both sides, set aside in a warm place.
6. While steak is resting in a warm place, use the frying pan to add the potatoes and red onions browning together over a gentle heat. Toss the manguetout with the potatoes and onion gently not to break the potatoes. Add teaspoons of water to keep food moving and adding steam cooking mangetout.
7. Boil the kettle and add 5g – one teaspoon of gravy granules to small cup, add 70 ml of boiling water a mix to smooth gravy.
8. Slice beef fillet and set aside, now place the potatoes, onions, and mangetout in the centre of the plate.
9. Place fillet on top of potatoes and spoon gravy onto the plate.
You can cook potatoes the day before to save time