Stuffed with hot salsas, guacamole and beans, the Burrito is a celebrated dish eaten on the streets of Mexico and dates from the Aztecs. Once the USA got hold of it the Burrito became a favourite of Western culture and is now filled with many flavours and toppings.
Whilst Burritos are packed with good ingredients, they can add up to around 450 calories each – because of the amount of cheese and guacamole piled in! Instead, try our healthy, low-calorie version.
Inspired by the delicious burritos from Mexican restaurants, this “skinny” version still has all the amazing flavours but with half the calories and carbs
An average burrito contains 450 calories – this healthy version is only 273kcal!
- 4 skinless, chicken breast fillets
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander
- 400g tin pinto or black beans
- 200g konjac rice
- 1 lime
- 4 tomatoes, chopped
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- 1 little gem lettuce
- 4 whole grain tortillas
- 80g low fat cheddar cheese
- 4 tbsp Greek yoghurt
- Rub chicken breast with oil and mixed herbs
- Lightly fry chicken in a non-stick pan until cooked, then cut into thin strips
- In a separate pan, prepare konjac rice as per instructions on the packet
- Add tinned beans, chopped tomatoes and onions to the mix
- Prepare whole grain tortilla by layering with konjac rice, bean mix and chicken strips
- Add Greek yoghurt and grated cheddar cheese (optional)
28 Day Kick Start Challenge Ebook
Our Chicken Burrito recipe is part of a whole range of delicious recipes created by our team of nutritionists as part of our 28 Day Kick Start Challenge eBook. If you sign up to our Exante 28 day Challenge and kick-start your weight loss journey today, you’ll receive your FREE eBook containing:
- Fresh and healthy recipes developed by our expert nutritionists with our handy step-by-step guide.
- Easy to follow fat-burning workout tutorials you can do at home.
- 28 days worth of meal plans, shopping lists, recipes and a handy tip for each day.
- A transformation guide to help you track your progress.