If you’re feeling a bit under the weather, then this is the soup for you. This is one of our favourite recipes and you can enjoy it whilst on a Keto diet.
Courgettes are naturally low in calories but the high water content ensures you feel fuller for longer – perfect if you’re following a Keto plan or eating in a calorie deficit. Courgettes contain an effective amount of both immune boosting vitamin C and potassium, beneficial in the control of high blood pressure. The fibre in the courgettes skin can aid in the prevention of constipation, a possible side effect of ketosis.
Garlic contains a powerful antioxidant whilst displaying a beneficial effect on blood pressure in people with hypertension. As a result, it has the added benefit of making a healthier heart.
As it’s so low in calories you may fancy a sprinkle of cheese on the top. Strong flavours like mature cheddar or parmesan work great, 10g will add approximately 40kcal to the meal and extra protein.
Healthy Courgette & Dill Soup Recipe
- Frylight or similar 1 calorie spray oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 lb (455g) courgettes, chopped
- 1-11/2 pints (570-850mls) vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp. chopped dill
- Salt & black pepper to season
- In a deep pan, fry the onion and garlic in 1 calorie spray until soft.
- Add the courgettes and a splash of water and cook on a low heat for 10-15 minutes with a lid on. Stir every 5 minutes, adding a little extra water if needed to stop the vegetable sticking.
- Add the stock to the pan, put the lid back on and simmer for a further 15 minutes.
- Blend the contents of a pan in a blender or with a stick blender until smooth.
- Return to the pan and bring to the boil, loosening with a little stock or water if it’s thicker than you would like.
- Stir through the chopped dill and season to taste.
If you’re short on time, or if you prefer to keep it simple and pots & pans free, try our meal replacement soups for a healthy low-calorie nourishing meal!