It’s only 12 days until Christmas, which if you’re anything like we are at Exante, you’re basically living in tinsel and trying to claim that Quality Street is one of your five-a-day. This time of year is full of festive flavours and seasonal sweet treats and there’s nothing better than a hearty winter dish to get you in the Christmas Spirit. However when it comes in at nearly 1,000 calories for one of your restaurant favourites, having healthy, go-to recipes like this one for Turkey Hotpot can let you enjoy all that the season has to offer, without sabotaging your weight loss efforts.
- 200g carrots
- 285ml stock (chicken or veg)
- 200ml vegetable gravy granules
- 200g leeks, chopped
- 2 sprays of low-calorie oil spray
- 12 rashers of smoked back bacon, chopped
- 100g celery
- 300g mushrooms
- 400g turkey breast steak, sliced
- 400g potato
- Small handful of fresh thyme, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place the potatoes in a large saucepan of water and bring it to the boil. Cover, then cook for 20 minutes, until tender.
- Meanwhile, heat a non-stick frying pan with low-calorie oil spray, then cook the leeks and bacon for 5 minutes over a high heat.
- Add the turkey, thyme, mushrooms and continue to cook over a high heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the stock and bring to the boil. Stir in the gravy granules, cover and cook gently over a low heat for 5 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes in a colander and leave to steam dry for a few minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the carrots in a pan of water for minutes.
- Mash the potatoes and season to taste. Serve the turkey hotpot with the carrots and mash on the side.
- 5g Fat
- 398 Calories
- 33g Carbs
- 56g Protein
- 8g Sugars
- 6g Fibre
- 0.5g Salt
And if you’re craving something sweet afterwards, why not try some of our delicious desserts?