Ready in 30 minutes
Serves 1 person
- 2 Medium Eggs
- 2 Pickled White Asparagus
- 3 Green Asparagus
- 3 Baby Corn
- 25g Garden Peas
- 50g Mangetout
- 15g Cress/Baby Salad Leaves
- 15ml White Wine Vinegar.
- 1-2 Mint Leaves
- Salt and Pepper
- Lemon Juice
- Chopped Parsley or Micro Cress to finish
- Prepare the vegetables by washing the salad leaves and setting aside in a bowl. Prepare the asparagus by trimming off the woody end, not the tip and gently peel (this depends on the age of the asparagus. Cut mangetout into three diagonal shapes and corn into halves down the middle, place in boiling water and cook for 90sec keeping vegetables firm and crunchy. Place peas in the water 20 secs before draining, drain mangetout, baby sweetcorn and garden peas together .
- Bring a medium saucepan to the boil with a pinch of salt. Place asparagus in the water and cook for 120sec, drain and set aside.
- Place asparagus in a medium heated frying pan gently rolling around to give a gentle roasted look.
- Fill a small pan just over ¾ with water and bring it to the boil. Add 15ml of white wine vinegar and turn down to simmer. Crack the eggs one at a time into small cups or ramekins and gently tip into the simmering water. Lightly poach for 2-3 minutes for soft yolks.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on kitchen towels.
- Toss all vegetables together in a bowl with salad and a squeeze of lemon juice, season with salt and pepper.
- Place salad and vegetables on a plate and gently place poached eggs on top and season eggs with salt and pepper.
Vegetables can be prepared in advance to save time