When incorporating food into your diet plans, it can be difficult to know what to prepare in the kitchen to support your weight loss goals. That’s why we’ve put together this Low-Carb 200 Calorie Recipe Guide to help you cook up deliciously healthy meals that will help keep you on track.
From light snacks to delicious dessert, there is a low-carb 200 calorie recipe for every taste and occasion. Each recipe contains less than 200 calories, no more than 12g of carbs and a source of protein!
Breakfast: Wake Up Sunshine Frittata
Fancy a cooked breakfast but want to avoid the calories of a classic fry up? Our sunshine frittata is the perfect, low-calorie alternative! We’ve taken away the fatty bacon and added lean deli ham, with a hearty serving of mushrooms and tomatoes for added goodness!
1tbsp coconut oil
100g chestnut mushrooms, sliced
4 medium eggs
10 cherry tomatoes
2 slices lean deli ham – chopped
1 tbsp finely grated parmesan
A few sprigs of basil (optional)
1. Heat a half of the coconut oil in a large non- stick frying pan and fry the mushrooms for 3-4 minutes until brown and soft. Take them out of the pan and set aside.
2. Crack each egg into a ramekin or cup so you can drop each one into the pan easily. Heat the remaining coconut oil and gently add each egg into the pan around the edges and one in the middle, so all eggs join.
3. Avoiding the egg yolks, pop in the cherry tomatoes, scatter the cooked mushrooms, add ham, tear and add the basil, and grate over parmesan (optional).
4. Cook for 2 minutes until the egg whites have set.
5. Season and serve by taking the pan your table and let the whole family enjoy.
Nutritionals (per serving):
Lunch: Lighter Than Light Cloud Eggs
Made with just three ingredients, these cloud eggs are sure to become a staple healthy favourite, with less than 200 calories per serving! Cloud Eggs are the lighter-than-light way to enjoy a healthy, protein-rich meal you’ll have to share.
Struggling to find time to make lunch every day and want a nutritious, convenient option that you can have on the go? Our Meal Replacement Pot Meals are packed full of protein, nutrients and delicious flavour – making them the perfect option if you are short for time!