British retailer Lakeland reported one sale of a spiralizer every 7 minutes last year, and it seems the craze isn’t slowing down yet. Supermarkets are now stocking ready-to-cook courgetti and butternut-spaghetti, so customers can enjoy delicious low-carb ‘pasta’ in minutes.
We’ve swapped spaghetti for courgetti to create a delicious but low-carb version of a British classic.
Per portion, turkey meat contains more protein per gram than beef, pork and chicken.
500g Turkey Breast Mince
1 large onion
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 tbsp tomato puree
400g tin chopped tomatoes
4 large courgettes
Grated parmesan (optional)
Handful basil leaves
- Dice onion and add garlic to a frying pan on a medium heat. Lightly fry until golden brown
- Add tomato puree and turkey mince
- In a separate non-stick pan, dry-fry the courgetti, adding olive oil if needed
- Plate up, with courgetti and bolognese on top
- Garnish with parmesan (optional) and basil
Our Fish Taco recipe is part of a whole range of delicious recipes created by our team of nutritionists as part of our 28 Day Kick Start Challenge eBook. If you sign up to our Exante 28-day Challenge and kick-start your weight loss journey today, you’ll receive your FREE eBook containing:
- Fresh and healthy recipes developed by our expert nutritionists with our handy step-by-step guide.
- Easy to follow fat-burning workout tutorials you can do at home.
- 28 days worth of meal plans, shopping lists, recipes and a handy tip for each day.
- A transformation guide to help you track your progress.
Get Started Today