Our delicious and healthy take on this pub favourite will ensure you are satisfied and sticking to plan. With protein-packed fresh fish and a white-wine and mustard sauce, this healthy fish pie recipe is perfect for all the family.
Salmon is packed with heart healthy omega 3 and healthy fats which boast some amazing health benefits!
Healthy Fish Pie Ingredients
- 40g raw salmon fillets
- 30g raw prawns
- 60g cod
- 1 Filo pastry sheet
- 15ml white wine
- 30g diced onion
- 2 chopped garlic cloves
- 30g sliced fennel
- 10g wholegrain mustard
- 1 tsp butter
- 10ml single cream (reduced fat where possible)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 20g Fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/365˚F.
- Put a large frying pan on a medium heat and add the butter.
- Once melted add the diced onion, mustard, garlic, and fennel and fry for 5 minutes.
- Add the prawns and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the cream, white wine & parsley.
- Then add in the cod and salmon and poach for 6-8 minutes.
- Break up the salmon and cod into bite-size pieces.
- Pour the mixture into a baking dish.
- Roll out the filo pastry sheet and brush with butter.
- Place over the top of the pie filling, covering the contents completely.
- Bake for 25 minutes until the pastry is golden and crisp.
- Enjoy your healthy fish pie!
This healthy fish pie recipe keeps calories under 400 per serving, plus packs plenty of protein and not too many carbs!
- 390 calories
- 30g protein
- 13g fat
- 34g carbs
Looking for more delicious recipe inspiration? Take a look at our healthy recipe guide for more delicious meals and sweet treats.