This easter we have a delicious recipe for you to try, crunchy spring asparagus wrapped in Parma ham! This dish makes a nutritious low carb, high protein wonder breakfast that’s a will be your new favourite low calorie family favourite!
- 12 medium asparagus stalks
- 6 slices of Parma ham or thinly sliced ham
- 8 eggs
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
“The perfect dippy yolk takes 5-6 minutes”
- Preheat your oven to 200°C/180°C fan/ Gas 6 and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Snap off the woody ends of each asparagus and discard. Wrap asparagus stalks in Parma ham, place on to baking sheet and drizzle with a little olive oil.
- Roast for 10 minutes or until ham is crispy.
- While the asparagus is roasting, start cooking your eggs. Bring a large pot of water to a boil and using a slotted spoon, gently lower in the eggs.
- Simmer for 6 minutes.
- Once cooked, cut off the tops and place into egg cups. Serve with asparagus soldiers and salt & pepper to taste.
- Calories: 237
- Fat: 16g
- Protein: 21g
Did you know asparagus is a very good source of fiber, folate, vitamins A, C, E and K. In addition, asparagus is packed with antioxidants!