Low Fat Herby Burgers
A jewel of the barbeque, everyone will love these low fat burgers! Flavour with healthy herbs, top with avocado and serve in a wholemeal bun. Go carb-free and bun-less to reduce the calories.
Nutritionals per serving. Serves 4.
Calories: 316 kcals (169kcals without bun)
- 2 Exante Meal Replacement Burger Mix
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- A handful of basil leaves, finely chopped
- A handful of flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp light pesto
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tbsp light mayonnaise
- 1 curly leaf lettuce, leaves washed
- 1 heirloom tomato, sliced
- 1 small avocado, peeled, stoned and sliced (optional)
- 4 wholemeal seeded rolls (optional)
1. Mix the two sachets of Exante Meal Replacement Burger Mix as instructed on packet with the red onion, basil, parsley, pesto and the egg together in a large bowl to bind the mixture.
2. Divide the mixture into 4 medium-sized balls and flatten into patties. Put on a plate and leave in the fridge to firm up for at least a couple of hours, or overnight.
3. Heat your barbeque. When it’s ready, rub a little coconut oil over the burgers and barbeque them on each side until cooked right through.
4. Meanwhile, toast the wholemeal rolls (optional) spread with a little mayonnaise and top with lettuce.
5. Place the burgers on top, add a little onion and slices of avocado (optional).
If you want to go low carb or gluten-free, simply replace the bun with a romaine lettuce cup!