Low Fat Herby Burgers
A jewel of the barbeque, everyone will love these low fat burgers! Pack in flavour with healthy herbs, top with avocado and serve in a wholemeal bun. Go carb-free and bun-less to reduce the calories.
Nutritionals per serving. Serves 4.
Calories: 316 kcals (169kcals without bun)
- 5% fat beef mince
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- A handful of basil leaves, finely chopped
- A handful of flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp light pesto
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tbsp light mayonnaise
- 1 curly leaf lettuce, leaves washed
- 1 heirloom tomato, sliced
- 1 small avocado, peeled, stoned and sliced (optional)
- 4 wholemeal seeded rolls (optional)
1. Mix the 5% fat mince the red onion, basil, parsley, pesto and the egg together in a large bowl to bind the mixture.
2. Divide the mixture into 4 medium-sized balls and flatten into patties. Put on a plate and leave in the fridge to firm up for at least a couple of hours, or overnight.
3. Heat your barbeque. When it’s ready, rub a little coconut oil over the burgers and barbeque them on each side until cooked right through.
4. Meanwhile, toast the wholemeal rolls (optional) spread with a little mayonnaise and top with lettuce.
5. Place the burgers on top, add a little onion and slices of avocado (optional).
If you want to go low carb or gluten-free, simply replace the bun with a romaine lettuce cup!