An authentic Mushroom Risotto dish is celebrated in Italy for its earthy flavour and creaminess and is eaten by all the family. However, Risottos that have been prepared with broth and other ingredients usually have lots of simple carbohydrates, saturated fat and sodium.
Low-Calorie Mushroom Risotto Recipe
This is our low-calorie version of the Italian classic. Use a quality of mixed mushrooms to give a real depth of flavour.
Parmesan is optional
- 50g mushrooms, chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 300g konjac rice
- 175ml water
- 30g cherry tomato
- 20g low fat butter
- 1 tbsp. parsley
- 50g parmesan (optional)
- Prepare konjac, as per packet instructions
- In a separate non-stick pan, lightly fry chopped mushrooms with onion, garlic cloves and olive oil
- Add cooked konjac to mix and low fat butter
- Mix until incorporated
- Top with parsley, cherry tomatoes and parmesan (optional)
164 kcal, 2.7g Sugar, 6.9g Fat, 0.8g Saturates, 0.21g Salt
28 Day Kick Start Challenge Ebook
Our Mushroom Risotto recipe is part of a whole range of delicious recipes created by our team of nutritionists as part of our 28 Day Kick Start Challenge eBook. If you sign up to our Exante 28-day Challenge and kick-start your weight loss journey today, you’ll receive your FREE eBook containing:
- Fresh and healthy recipes developed by our expert nutritionists with our handy step-by-step guide.
- Easy to follow fat-burning workout tutorials you can do at home.
- 28 days worth of meal plans, shopping lists, recipes and a handy tip for each day.
- A transformation guide to help you track your progress.
Get started today