Our Summer Challenge is all about challenging yourself to become a new version of you! Perhaps your targets are as simple as drinking more water or upping your daily step intake? Or maybe you’re looking to make some serious weight changes and transform your health game from the inside-out.
Either way, we’ve got you covered with our oh-so healthy gut-friendly salad! Enjoy as part of a low calorie diet, plant-based diet or even just as a healthy meal options.
Intrigued? Let’s check it out…
If you’re hoping to get healthy or lose weight, this recipe has got to be the one for you! Packed with veggies and gut-friendly goodies, our Super Salad is a plant-based treat that’s bound to kickstart your weight loss or healthy eating journey.
Ready to see how we made it? Let’s go!
- X1 avocado
- X1 tin of chickpeas
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 500g kale
- 50g pumpkin seeds
- 30g sesame seeds
- X1 large sweet potato
Why are these foods going to help my gut health?
- They’re all totally plant-based and from different food groups- your gut has a wide variety of microbes and each one prefers a different food which is why it’s great to eat plenty of fruit & veggies!
- The veggies and wholegrains in this salad are perfect for feeding your healthy bacteria & keeping your gut friendly! (1)
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Using a sharp knife, cut your sweet potato into bite-sized cube pieces, add some salt, pepper and smoked paprika and place in the oven for around 25-30 mins (alternatively, an AirFryer would work perfectly).
- While the potato is cooking, cut your avocado into small chunks and place into a large bowl.
- Drain the chickpeas and place them in the bowl alongside the avocado).
- In a small pan, toast your pumpkin and sesame seeds together until lightly browned, once cooled tip into your bowl.
- Just before your potato is ready, spread washed kale evenly across a large baking tray and spray with low fat oil. Sprinkle salt across the kale and place in the oven beneath the potato for around 5-8 minutes.
- When the kale has begun to slightly crisp, take it from the oven and tip into the bowl with the other ingredients.
- Add your sweet potato.
- Finally, drizzle the mixture with a small glug of extra virgin olive oil and the lemon juice and toss.
- Season to taste and enjoy!
Want to know more about the gut and how to keep yours happy? Check out our blogs below to find out more