Soups are a great way to get your five-a-day. Our vibrant version contains all the joys of Spring, with fresh flavours like tomato, basil and pesto.
Adding Cannellini beans will increase fibre and make you feel fuller
- 2 leeks, washed and chopped
- 100g green beans, cut into lengths
- 1 large courgette, diced
- 1.2L hot vegetable stock
- 3 vine-ripe tomatoes
- 400g can cannellini beans
- 1 nest vermicelli noodles
For the pesto
- 25g pack fresh basil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 25g pistachio nuts
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Heat olive oil on a medium heat in a medium pan and fry the leeks until softened.
- Add green beans and courgette, then pour in vegetable stock and season to taste. Cover and simmer for 5 mins.
- Meanwhile, to make the pesto: put the basil, garlic, pistachios and ½ tsp salt in a food processor and blitz until smooth.
- In the soup pan, stir in tomatoes, cannellini beans and vermicelli, and then simmer for 5 mins until the veg is tender.
- Stir in half the pesto. Ladle into bowls and serve with a dollop of pesto spooned on top.
Spring into a NEW you
Our Spring Soup recipe can be found in our NEW 28 Day Spring Edition eBook, now available to download for FREE.
Inside you’ll find everything you need; from healthy, easy-to-follow recipes using seasonal ingredients, expert articles on the benefits of exercise, and a balanced Flexi Solution meal plan developed by Exante expert nutritionists. You’ll even get to meet the team and find out how they treat themselves without food!
There’s no better time to transform your diet ready for the warmer weather and dare we say it, summer. In our Spring Edition, we want to inspire you to put the spring back in your step and start your journey to a healthier, happier you.
Are you ready to Spring into a new you, full of enthusiasm and ready for new food and fitness adventures?
Start your journey with Exante today and see what you can achieve by summer. Keep in touch with us @exantediet and send us your transformation photos for the chance to win a holiday and be crowned our April or May Slimmer of the Month!