Turkey steak is low in fat, high in protein and cooks quickly - all great when you are on a weight loss diet. As it is part of our ketosis recipes, it is accompanied by a delicious salad containing vitamin E rich avocado as well as crunchy cucumber and celery. This meal is a really healthy and lean alternative and can be enjoyed on any of our diet solution plans, including the VLCD and LCD diet.
140g turkey breast steak or escalope
1 tsp Cajun spices
Half a medium avocado
2 tsp lime juice
50g chunk of cucumber,
1 large celery stick, washed and sliced
1 tsp vegetable oil
1. Spread the Cajun spices on both sides of the turkey breast and leave for 5 minutes whilst you prepare the salad.
2. Cut the avocado in half lengthwise and remove the stone. Sprinkle a little lime juice on the half to be kept, wrap in cling film and refrigerate for another meal. Remove the skin of the half you are using now, and cut into chunks. Place in a small bowl and sprinkle with a little more lime juice.
3. Cut the cucumber in half lengthwise, and remove the seeds (optional). Cut into thick slices and mix into the avocado along with the celery slices.
4. Heat the oil in a non stick frying pan and when hot add the turkey steak. Fry for 3 minutes on one side then turn over and cook on the other side. Depending on the thickness of the turkey steak/ escalope this may only take a few minutes on each side. Check by piercing with a sharp knife. Clear liquid indicates that the steak is cooked.
5. Serve at once with the avocado salad.
Serving suggestions: If you are cooking for the family serve this with a portion of new potatoes for the non-dieters.
Storage: The salad will keep refrigerated for a few hours only.
|Of whichsugars g||1.80|
|Of whichsaturates g||4.20|