1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 large red onion, quartered then sliced
2 sticks celery, sliced
1 tbsp flour
Quarter of a teaspoon ground cinnamon
Pinch dry mustard (optional)
450g lean pork, cut into 2cm cubes
125g dried apricots
1 tsp concentrated chicken stock or half stock cube
No of servings: 4
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 1 1/2 - 2 hours
This recipe is suitable for the following diets: Simple Solution (LCD).
1. Preheat an oven to 180ºC (fan oven 160ºC) gas mark 4.
2. Heat the oil in a large ovenproof pan and gently fry the onion and celery for 5 minutes. Alternatively cook in a saucepan and then transfer to an ovenproof casserole.
3. Tip the flour, cinnamon and mustard into a clean plastic food bag and add the pork. Shake to coat the pork, then tip into the casserole.
4. Add the apricots water, and stock.
5. Cover and place in the oven for one hour, before removing to stir. Return to the oven for another 30-40 minutes until the meat is really tender.
6. Stir and serve at once.
*Serving suggestions: Serve each portion with 120g (3 medium) boiled new potatoes, 80g carrots, and 95g cabbage.
Storage: The casserole may be refrigerated for 2 days or frozen for up to 6 months.
|Of whichsugars g||20.70|
|Of whichsaturates g||2.30|