Rise and shine to a healthy plate of ‘lighter’ pancakes made with Quark instead of high-fat buttermilk. Quark is available in most supermarkets and cuts the calories by half! Squeeze with lemon and enjoy at their best…warm!
Quark has 14g protein per 100g, that’s double the protein of Greek yoghurt
- ½ cup Quark
- 2 eggs, separated
- ¾ cup (185ml) milk
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste (or extract)
- 1 cup (150g) whole wheat flour
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- ½ squeezed lemon
- Any store-bought zero sugar syrup to serve (optional)
- Place Quark, egg yolks (set aside the whites in a separate bowl) milk and vanilla into a mixing bowl and whisk together.
- Stir in flour and baking powder until just combined. Add a pinch of salt into the egg whites, and whisk until they’re foamy.
- Fold the egg whites into the batter.
- Put a large, heavy-based non-stick pan on a medium heat.
- Ladle in heaped spoonfuls of batter into the pan (about ¼ cup) and cook until bubbles appear on the surface of the pancake. Flip and cook until golden brown.
- Drizzle with lemon juice or any store-bought zero sugar syrup to serve! (optional)
Spring into a NEW you
Inside you’ll find everything you need; from healthy, easy-to-follow recipes using seasonal ingredients, expert articles on the benefits of exercise, and a balanced Flexi Solution meal plan developed by Exante expert nutritionists. You’ll even get to meet the team and find out how they treat themselves without food!
There’s no better time to transform your diet ready for the warmer weather and dare we say it, summer. In our Spring Edition eBook, we want to inspire you to put the spring back in your step and start your journey to a healthier, happier you.
Are you ready to Spring into a new you, full of enthusiasm and ready for new food and fitness adventures?
Start your journey with Exante today and see what you can achieve by summer. Keep in touch with us @exantediet and send us your transformation photos for the chance to be entered into one of our Slimmer of the Month competitions.