Eating healthy doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy a rich, creamy prawn pasta thanks to this simple, low calorie dish. Perfect for a midweek treat or a cosy Friday night in, this pasta recipe is packed with protein and offers a taste of Italy right from your own kitchen.
Ready in 25 minutes
Serves 2 people
Rigatoni pasta 250g
Cooked prawns 150g
Prawns raw 100g
Tender stem broccoli 100g
Spring onion 35g
Double cream 30ml
1 clove garlic 1
Hard cheese 5g
Salt and Pepper
- Start by finely dicing all your vegetables onions carrots and crushing garlic, prep the broccoli by trimming into smaller sizes and slicing stalks.
- Cook the pasta in boiling water as instructed on the back of your packet.
- While your pasta is cooking start by sautéing the carrots for 2-3mins. Then add the onions, garlic and prawns cook for three to four minutes.
- Add broccoli and double cream and mascarpone, mix and simmer gently as it slowly thickens, don’t boil.
- Add pasta into the sauce, season with salt and pepper. Add chopped chives and chopped parsley.
- When desired thickness is achieved serve straight away