This time of year is full of cosy flavours and warming treats and there’s nothing better than a hearty winter dish to get you ready for the colder weather. However when it comes in at nearly 1,000 calories for one of your restaurant favourites, having healthy, go-to recipes like this one for Turkey Hotpot can let you enjoy all that winter has to offer, without sabotaging your weight loss efforts.
- 200g carrots
- 285ml stock (chicken or veg)
- 200ml vegetable gravy granules
- 200g leeks, chopped
- 2 sprays of low-calorie oil spray
- 12 rashers of smoked back bacon, chopped
- 100g celery
- 300g mushrooms
- 400g turkey breast steak, sliced
- 400g potato
- Small handful of fresh thyme, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place the potatoes in a large saucepan of water and bring it to the boil. Cover, then cook for 20 minutes, until tender.
- Meanwhile, heat a non-stick frying pan with low-calorie oil spray, then cook the leeks and bacon for 5 minutes over a high heat.
- Add the turkey, thyme, mushrooms and continue to cook over a high heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the stock and bring to the boil. Stir in the gravy granules, cover and cook gently over a low heat for 5 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes in a colander and leave to steam dry for a few minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the carrots in a pan of water for minutes.
- Mash the potatoes and season to taste. Serve the turkey hotpot with the carrots and mash on the side.
- 5g Fat
- 398 Calories
- 33g Carbs
- 56g Protein
- 8g Sugars
- 6g Fibre
- 0.5g Salt
And if you’re craving something sweet afterwards, why not try some of our delicious desserts?