30g walnut pieces
25g reduced fat cheddar cheese, finely grated
1 tbsp chopped chives or green top of a spring onion, finely chopped
1 chicken breast (around 130g)
2 medium florets cauliflower
2 medium florets broccoli
Handful of baby leaves or spinach
1. Preheat the oven to 190ºC (fan oven 170º) or gas mark 5
2. Chop the walnuts finely and mix with the cheese and chives
3. Press the mixture on top of the chicken breast and place in an oven proof dish.
4. Bake for 20-25 minutes until the chicken is cooked through. Check this by piercing with a knife - you should see clear not pinky or cloudy liquid.
5. Meanwhile steam or microwave cook the cauliflower and broccoli
6. Place the baby leaves on a serving plate and top with the chicken. Serve with the cooked vegetables.
Variation: If you don't like walnuts try with almonds or even chopped peanuts,
Alternatively omit nuts altogether and add 2 tbsp chopped drained sun-dried tomatoes in oil and some fresh parsley instead of chives. This will provide 331kcal, 44.7g protein, and 2.5g carbohydrates.
Storage: The chicken can be cooled and refrigerated, and eaten sliced with salad within 48 hours. It is not suitable for freezing.
|Of whichsugars g||2.80|
|Of whichsaturates g||4.70|